We're hiring! Join our award-winning Customer Contact Centre
Our Customer Contact Centre is the perfect place to start building a career in customer service
Who are the NHS Business Services Authority?
We're a national NHS organisation delivering a range of essential services that support the day to day running of the NHS. We oversee £39 billion expenditure each year, delivering a range of national services including NHS Prescriptions, NHS Help with Health Costs, NHS Student Bursaries, NHS Pensions, NHS Dental Services and much more.
What's it like working in our Customer Contact Centre?
- Hybrid working – once your initial training is complete, you can work predominantly from home with the opportunity to be office based should you prefer, or if business need requires it.
- 5 hour working weeks, in shifts across our 8am-6pm opening hours Mon-Fri, and 1 in 5 Saturdays on average 9am-3pm
- No outbound calls, and our advisors are empowered to solve customer queries using our bank of support resources and constant connection to a team leader if advice is required
- Supportive learning programme provided for all new starters
- An industry leading career pathway programme open to all advisors, opening doors to more senior roles or to other teams in the NHSBSA
- 27 days leave (increasing with length of service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Active wellbeing and inclusion networks
- Excellent pension
- NHS Car lease scheme
- Access to a wide range of benefits and high street discounts
Career Pathways Programme
Career Pathways is an industry leading programme open to all. We regularly offer opportunities, similar to work experience placements where you would typically spend up to two days a week developing skills and knowledge in a specialist role related to a career path you are interested in. This could include shadowing a mentor as well as getting involved in practical tasks.
You are not expected to be the finished article at the end of your pathway. The expectation is that you have sufficient exposure into the role which would allow you to gain examples to use within an interview setting, should a permanent opportunity in that area become available.
Our people make our business
Just as we design services around the needs of our customers, we take pride in placing our people at the heart of our organisation. As well as achieving two-star accreditation from Best Companies, we have been named one of the UK's Best Big Companies to work for.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do
Our values are to be Collaborative, Adventurous, Reliable, and Energetic. These values have been developed with our people, for our people. They reflect the fact that we CARE about what we do and support each other in achieving our objectives.
We're passionate about diversity and inclusion
People are more productive, creative, loyal and successful when they have the confidence and support to be out at work. We work tirelessly towards that goal through our strategies, polices, procedure and practices.
We’re proud to celebrate our LGBT+ colleagues to be their true authentic selves at work. Stonewall congratulated the NHSBSA on making fifth place on the Top 100 Employers list, out of the 402 participating organisations.
We're looking for enthusiastic, committed and ambitious people to join us
We have excellent opportunities for progression within the business to levels such as Team Managers and Deputy Manager's career programs and even coaching roles. If you are able to bring the patience, enthusiasm and people skills to put the customer first and help achieve our ambition of providing the best customer service possible, then apply now.
Find a role for you
Visit jobs.nhsbsa.nhs.uk to view our current vacancies.