Free CPD for optometrists in England
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is offering optometrists in England one free point towards their GOC Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Optometrists in England can sign up to one of three free CPD sessions, run by NHSBSA's clinical advisors. The sessions will be hosted virtually on Wednesday 30 November 2022 at 7pm, Tuesday 10 January 2023 at 7pm and Wednesday 18 January at 7pm.
Each session will cover the appropriate use of re-test codes and the frequency of sight test recalls. The clinical advisors, who support the NHSBSA’s Provider Assurance service, will use specific case studies during the event to demonstrate appropriate claiming across different patient circumstances.
Omar Hassan, Senior Clinical Advisor at the NHSBSA said: “We’re delighted to be able to offer CPD sessions. Our aim is to provide guidance that optometrists will be able to apply daily in their NHS submissions.”
Optometrists can sign up to the events online by selecting the date they’re interested in from the calendar. Each session will last one hour.
Media and Campaigns Officer
NHS Business Services Authority
Notes to editors
- Each virtual session will provide one GOC CPD point under the leadership and accountability domain.
- The CPD point is pre-approved and is not a self-directed point.
- The sessions will be held on Microsoft Teams – attendees will receive a joining link by email.
- Separate sessions for dispensing opticians only will run on Monday 5 December at 12:30pm, Tuesday 13 December at 8:30am, Tuesday 20 December at 7pm, Monday 9 January 2023 at 7pm, and Tuesday 17 January 2023 at 7pm.
- More information is available on the NHSBSA's CPD for GOC registrants webpage.