Doing it differently – Launching our Digital Strategy
Darren Curry, Chief Digital Officer at the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) explains how our new approach to digital transformation is focussed on the ‘why’ and ‘how’, and how it’s much more than just a ‘list of what’.
Today we’re launching our digital strategy for the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA). Our strategy is our north star, our guiding light, keeping us focused on our organisational purpose – to be a ‘Catalyst for Better Health’.
It explains why we are doing the work we do and how, together with the culture, the practices and the processes we apply to deliver the best services for our users.
Our strategy is not a list of what we will be doing – technologies or products. The ‘what’ we do will be flexible and will adapt as we learn more about our services and most importantly, the needs of those service users.
The ‘why‘ behind the services we deliver is much more important to us. It keeps us focused on the things which matter:
- Creating an environment for our people to be their best selves
- Delivering quality solutions on time through innovation and collaboration
- Creating value for money and efficiencies.
We will be the voice of vulnerable people by focusing on user needs, designing accessible services that are easy to use and we believe that it’s okay to have fun along the way.
How will we achieve this? We will focus on:
- Our People – who are our greatest strength
- Our Services – designed to meet user needs
- Our Teams – diverse and inclusive
- Our Tools, Processes, and Governance
- Leveraging technologies of the internet era
We are confident that our digital strategy will ensure that we are doing the right things and doing them right.